The 7th Mission of AXION HELLAS was completed with great success a few days ago.
On the morning of Friday April 5th, 13 ribs departed from Anavyssos (Athens) with many volunteers for Astypalaia, Tilos, Halki and final destination Kastellorizo. The crossing was completed on Monday April 15th, with not always favorable weather conditions.
In total, more than 145 volunteers have taken part in the mission, traveling with ribs, ships and planes to offer in every way the voluntary action of AXION HELLAS, whose main objective is to support the inhabitants of remote and vulnerable areas.
Hundreds of inhabitants of our country’s borderline islands have had the opportunity to accept the high-level medical services of the volunteer doctors and nurses of AXION HELLAS as well as parents and children to attend dozens of actions and seminars from the educational and cultural activities team.
It is worth mentioning that they were constructed from the outset or rebuilt and delivered to the inhabitants of these islands a number of important works. Infrastructure interventions were also carried out in two military outposts.
The 7th Mission of AXION HELLAS was completed with a great concert by Alkistis Protopsalti at Kastellorizo, which was attended by most island residents, soldiers and volunteers. The dear singer, who volunteered and passionately followed part of the crossing , sang innocently for about 400 spectators who really enjoyed it.
The actions of AXION HELLAS were honored by the presence of the Minister of National Defense Evangelos Apostolakis, the MP and former Deputy Foreign Minister Yiannis Amanatidis and the Chief of Staff of the Hellenic Police Force General Christos Christodoulou.
The volunteers of AXION HELLAS farewell with joy and optimism and this mission and renewed the meeting of all for the 8th mission, which has already begun to be planned.
ΑΧΙΟΝ ΗΕLLAS AND MEDICAL EXAMS
2,500 examinations in 665 residents of the islands visited by AXION HELLAS made 50 doctors of 23 specialties along with 3 dentists and 10 nurses. More specifically, examined residents per island:
Astypalaia: 253 / Tilos: 139 / Halki: 103 / Kastellorizo: 170
Some of them were examined in their place of residence.
ΑΧΙΟΝ ΗΕLLAS AND INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS
Football Field 5×5 – Livadi, Astypalaia Donation: NAVARINO
Reconstruction of Tilos High School Donation: PAPADOPOULOS BISCUITS- IOANNA PAPADOPOULOU
Multiuse Field at Tilos Elementary School Donation: PAPADOPOULOS BISCUITS- IOANNA PAPADOPOULOU
New Playground in Halki Donation: ALPHA BULKERS SHIP MANAGMENT INC
New Playground at port of Kastellorizo Donation: NEPTUNE LINES – MELINA TRAVLOS
Fully equipped Open Gym at Military camp of Megisti, Kastellorizo Donation: Tsetis Pharmaceuticals Group
New Playground & Multiuse Field at Megisti School, Kastellorizo Donation: KONSTANTINOS MARTINOS FAMILY
Renovation of Military Outpost at Strongylli Megistis Donation: KONSTANTINOS MARTINOS FAMILY
Reconstruction of Military Outpost at Nisos Ro Donation: ATHANASIOS & MARINA MARTINOU
ΑΧΙΟΝ ΗΕLLAS AND ENVIRONMENT
The environmental clean-up actions of the seaports and coasts of the islands visited by AXION HELLAS were made in cooperation with:
- ASSOCIATION OF GREEK MILITARY DIVERS
ΑΧΙΟΝ ΗΕLLAS AND CULTURE
AXION HELLAS educational and cultural programs attended approximately 300 students and parents in all the islands and included:
– Theatrical performance for children from the TOPI theater
– Theatrical performance for youngsters and adults from the spontaneous PLAYBACK NUEVO theater
ΑΧΙΟΝ ΗΕLLAS AND EDUCATION – SEMINARS
- «Speak truth to power» / From Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation and RFK Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights– Program executed by Athens College Hellenic American Educational Foundation and the Doukas School
- «Voluntary bone marrow donation» / Orama Elpidas
- «Communication within the family» / Mazi gia to paidi
- «Caring for women with cancer» / House of Mana
- «I respect diversity» / International Olympic Truce Center – Hellenic Olympians Association
- «Safe use of internet» / Cyber Crime Division of the Hellenic Police
- «Optimal use of local businesses» / DELOITTE
- «Healthy nutrition at all stages of development» / PROLEPSIS
- «Virtual depiction of Ancient Greece» / ΜΟΡΤΙL
- «Protection of the marine environment» / HELMEPA
- «Possibilities of study with 3 scholarships and 12 lifelong learning programs» / IST COLLEGE
- «Healthy childrens – Healthy planet» / WWF
- «Gastronomy and healthy nutrition» / Chef Giannis Apostolakis and PROLEPSIS institute
Number of educational actions: Astypalaia: 23 / Tilos: 16 / Halki: 15 / Kastellorizo: 21
Students participate: Αstypalaia: 149 / Tilos: 37 / Halki: 56 / Kastellorizo: 41
AXION HELLAS AND DONATIONS IN SCHOOLS
- Technological Equipment
- Materials for artistic activities
- Parade flags
- Geographical maps
- Sports Equipment
- Cleaning, disinfection and insecticides products offer of Euryka
- Multiuse bottles – Chilly’s Bottles offer of A. M. Nomikos TWMA SA